The ability to track separate Goals inside one offer can be very handy for tracking user's additional actions, e.g.: filling in the profile info, uploading a photo, email's confirmation etc, while the main conversion could be user's registration for the CPA model. The other usage could be the tracking of various purchases in an e-shop for CPS offers. Another benefit is that you can use various marketing models for different goals: CPC, CPA, CPL, CPS, CPI - all in the same offer!
In order to get access to goals you need to open the tab with this title in the offer's edit form:
Then just press "Add" button. The next step is to fill in required fields:
- Title. This title will be displayed in offer details and reports
- Type. Select the goal's type (marketing model): CPA, CPL, CPS, CPI
- Payouts section. Set payouts for affiliates (basic and premium) and the advertiser's payout
- Description. The optional field. Add any info about the goall here - it will be visible for affiliates
- Conversion Status. The transaction status after a successful goal's pixel firing (approved or pending)
- Multiple Conversions. Set to "Off" by default. When "On", allows generating multiple conversions from a single user's click (e.g.: user proceeds to a landing page via a tracking link makes several similar purchases, which transform into separate conversions in Scaleo)
- Fire Affiliate Pixels. Disable this, if you don't want your affiliates postback pixels fire upon the goal's conversion
- Goal's Caps. As follows, use this section to set goal's Caps: Daily, Monthly, Total
- Unique TrackID. Use this, if you want to receive conversions with the Unique TrackID values only, so in all other cases the conversion will be not successful
To finish the process click the "Add" button.
Here you go, the brand new goal has been added!
Now you can find the Goal Tracking Link/Code, which you can give to the advertiser:
Thus all conversions made with the usage of such Goal's code will be recorded and can be viewed in:
- Offers Report, breakdown "By Goals"
- Transactions Statistics (select "Goal" in Output Parameters)
You could notice, that it is not possible to add several goals with the "click" type. An offer can have only one Click goal, which is always created during the offer's adding process and its status is "Inactive" by default. It works the next way: when the Click goal is inactive, clicks are recorded to the platform in a common way, but goal's payouts are not applied. If you activate the Click goal, it will affect ALL clicks of the particular offer - the Click goal's payouts will be applied to them.
This function enables you for using a single Postback URL as a universal pixel for all offers in the platform:
Behind the above Default Goal function Goal Alias gives you even more abilities for setting universal postback pixels for common conversion types across all offers.
This is an optional feature, which you can use on demand. It is very handy, when you have a lot of offers with similar goals, which describe various typical users actions: registration, install, purchase etc. In example, you have offers "A" and "B" with the similar "install" goal. Untill now you'd need to use separate goals pixels to track conversions for these "install" goals of "A" and "B" offers. But now all you need to do - is to specify the same alias for both "install" goals in "A" and "B" offers. After that you'll be able to use a single goal pixel with this alias word across "A" and "B" offers. Of course, this alias word could be utilized for goals of lots of offers at once, which will help you to get rid of routine adjustments and make your tracking process clear and easy manageable.
Note: goal aliases work for S2S tracking only.
You can set an alias for any goal type (except click goal, of course). Find this option at the goal edit page and just type the desired alias title:
Once done, just add the
&goal_alias= paramter to your Postback URL:
You can easily check, whether a goal has any alias assigned to it. If yes, an aliase word will be displayed in goals list at the Goals tab of the offer:
Though offers in Scaleo don't have a fixed offer's type, like strict CPS or CPL etc., you can still use just a single goal with a desired type and even when you use various goals & types you, can utilize the Default Goal functionality to have a versatile solution in any case.
In the offers list
The offer with several goals will show appropriate goals labels and payout ranges in the offers list, so it is easy to find one (or use various filters for that purpose):