This article applies to customers who have the legacy version of Scaleo.
Please visit our new Help Center.
Here we will touch some basics of performance-based marketing (affiliate marketing). Offers tracking is a key thing here. We have prepared a saturated glossary to shed light on most common terms, concerning this topic for your convience.
So what is an offer? In common words Offer stands for any product or service, which users (potential buyers) are expected to get to know about. In terms of affiliate marketing it is a nodal point, which connects affiliates with advertisers through providing traffic. Offer is usually associated to an advertiser's landing page.
Which roles interact with Offers? In terms of Scaleo we have advertisers, who want to promote their goods or services, on one side and affiliates (publishers), who can deliver traffic (users) from their web-sites or other sources on the other side. Both are chained via Scaleo platfrom (network), where advertisers can add a list of desired offers to promote and affiliates can choose among these offers of different advertisers and select offers, which they can provide with the most targeted quality traffic.
Scaleo gives you an ability to track: impressions, clicks and conversions. The whole process is not complicated and could be described this way:
- User visits affiliate's (publisher's) site (or other source)
- User clicks on the Scaleo affiliate tracking link (or banner, which contains this link)
- Scaleo redirects user to the advertiser's (offer's) landing page. At the same time a user's click is recorded to Scaleo platfrom
- User views the offer and makes any actions, which lead to conversion
- Scaleo is notified about the conversion via tracking pixel
- Scaleo records the conversion for the appropriate affiliate
That's it! You can also find some more info on adjusting and offer testing here.