This small, but handy feature enables affiliates to control their traffic performance by assigning a special Source ID to each click, based on selected Traffic Types for each Source ID.
- First of all, an affiliate can add as much traffic sources, as he needs. This could be done at the Tools->Sources section under the Affiliate's account:
- Click the Add button in order to enter the Source adding form.
- Fill in the Name and Description fields. For the description you can write some tips, which explain this traffic source:
- The next step is to select Traffic Types, which this source will be associated to:
- Once added, it will appear in the list:
Now an Affiliate can use this ID (ID #1 in our example) in the tracking URL of any offer. Its usage is similar to sub_id and is done by adding the
source_id= variable to the url. All instructions could be found at the Offer Details page under optional parameters:
Along with usage examples:
Also this feature is available in the creative code:
Note: if the incorrect Source ID value is used, it will be just ignored.
All statistics is available for an Affiliate in these reports:
- General Report -> By Sources
- Offers Report -> By Sources
- Transactions - > Select "Sources" in Output Parameters
It will look like that: